Forums

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Front Page Topics

TiddyCon IV - This Time It's Personal!

(1) TiddyCon IV - This Time It's Personal!

Posted by : wherestheinn on 13/04/2018 17:41:35

Just to remind everyone that the 4th Annual Games Day - TiddyCon, is on Saturday 19th May from 1pm at the Church Hall!!!

Spread the word to any Roleplayers who may be interested!

Sunday Bus Cancelled in New Timetable

(1) Sunday Bus Cancelled in New Timetable

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 13/03/2018 15:21:35

Due to the County Council removing subsidies for Arriva a lot of the bus services have been cancelled in the new timetable issued by Arriva.

It should be noted that a lot of these cancellations are for all bus services on a Sunday as well as late buses in the evenings. The list of affected services are identified on the Arriva website.

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/midlands/up ... pril-2018/

If you are affected, please speak up and we will see if somebody is able to pick/drop off....

(2) Re: Sunday Bus Cancelled in New Timetable

Posted by : Swaggy on 03/04/2018 23:16:56

Yes I need a lift in and out. Mark said he would but he wasn't there last Sunday, which led to a frantic 5 minutes. Thanks Tiddy for the lift much appreciated.

I live in Chase Terrace near Sankeys Corner WS7 1AB. If you are nearby let me Know TIA

CLUB CLOSED 4th MARCH DUE TO SNOW

(1) CLUB CLOSED 4th MARCH DUE TO SNOW

Posted by : Jester on 03/03/2018 14:56:56

Sorry everyone, as the Dm’s have to travel in we are not going to risk the journey tomorrow. Please pass on the message to all your groups.

Games Set 7th January 2018

(1) Games Set 7th January 2018

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 23/12/2017 00:03:08

The following games are running for the return from the Christmas break on Sunday 7th January 2018.

Sorry if I got the names wrong, couldnt read the image from the camera....

Game 1: Cthulhu - 3 spaces
GM: Gez

(1) Jack
(2) Tie
(3) Rick
(4) - Spare -
(5) - Spare -
(6) - Spare -

Game 2: Corwyn (D&D 3.5) - Full
GM: Lewis

(1) Colin B.
(2) Sam B.
(3) Jeremy
(4) Dave P
(5) Mark E
(6) Mick
(7) Jamie

Game 3: Only War - 2 Spaces
GM: John

(1) Joel
(2) Mike
(3) Tiddy
(4) Mickey
(5) Mitch
(6) - Spare -
(7) - Spare -

Game 4: Pathfinder - 3 Spaces
GM: Mike (Little)

(1) Steven
(2) Mark R
(3) Phil
(4) - Spare -
(5) - Spare -
(6) - Spare -

Game 5: D&D 5E - 1 Space
GM: Richie

(1) Jamie L
(2) Colin H
(3) Josh G
(4) Owen
(5) Joshua
(6) Andy W

(2) Re: Games Set 7th January 2018

Posted by : RIPSideboard on 26/12/2017 12:27:38

Colin
I came along to the last event of the year and signed up to Game 5, D&D 5E.
Can you add me, Andy Walker to the list. Thanks

(3) Re: Games Set 7th January 2018

Posted by : Backstabapaladin on 17/03/2018 05:50:11

Gents

Can someone please post the list of games starting 1st April? I'm hoping to make it for the next set of 6 so am looking for a slot in a game.

Cheers

Backstab

Club Closed Sunday December 10th

(1) Club Closed Sunday December 10th

Posted by : wherestheinn on 09/12/2017 10:00:26

Due to the weather and driving conditions there is no club on Sunday 10th December.

Please pass this information to any members who may not access this site.

The last club meet of the year will be Sunday 17th December.

Apologies for any convenience

Tiddy

Games Running 20th August 2017

(1) Games Running 20th August 2017

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 06/08/2017 22:31:56

The games running for the next 6 weeks running from Sunday 20th August are lisrted below.
Please discuss joining a game with a GM (if possible) beforehand to see if there is room.

Dungeons and Dragons 5E - Lost Mines of Phandelver (continuation)
GM: Colin B
(1) Andy
(2) Lewis
(3) Dave
(4) Colin H.
(5) Mick
(6) Jaimie
(7) Philippa ?

Dungeons and Dragons 5E - Crystal Sundering
GM: Rich
(1) Lil' Mike
(2) Beth
(3) Todd
(4) Mark
(5) Elliot
(6) - spare -

Tales From The Loop
GM: Mike O
(1) John
(2) Jeremy
(3) Rich
(4) Gez
(5) Sam B.
(6) - spare -

Fighting Fantasy
GM: Tiddy
(1) Stephen
(2) Josh 2
(3) Mike H.
(4) Ste H.
(5) Robbie
(6) Owen

(2) Re: Games Running 20th August 2017

Posted by : Walrus on 20/08/2017 14:18:33

Not going to make it tonight, see yall next week

Game Set 21st May 2017 - 25th June 2017

(1) Game Set 21st May 2017 - 25th June 2017

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 30/04/2017 22:29:11

At the club meeting this week there was a reminder about TiddyCon on Saturday 17th June 2017. See the TiddyCon forum for more details.

There was also an offer for a marquee at the church fate on Saturday 24th June 2017. Anybody interested in running a game to advertise the club can put forward a suggestion regarding games - e.g. RPG/Board games.

Game running for the set of weeks 21st May 2017 - 25th June 2017 are:

Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition - Lost Mines of Phandelver (New Game)
DM: Colin B.

(1) Lewis
(2) Mick
(3) Jamie
(4) Philippa
(5) Mark
(6) Colin H.
(7) -available-

Mutants and Masterminds
DM: Elliot

(1) Joel
(2) Stephen
(3) Mikey
(4) Mike H.
(5) Steve H.

Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition - Crystal Sundering (Continuing Game - most likely full)
DM: Rich

(1) Bo
(2) Rob
(3) Josh
(4) Beth
(5) Little Mike
(6) ?

GURPS - Black Ops
DM: Jeremy

(1) John
(2) Owen
(3) Robbie
(4) -available-
(5) -available-
(6) -available-

(2) Re: Game Set 21st May 2017 - 25th June 2017

Posted by : Backstabapaladin on 01/05/2017 14:57:24

Mr B.
Please put me down for a place in your game. I'll roll up a character based on the link you've posted. Any idea which character class you are missing? I'd prefer playing something that relies more on brain power than brawn but will adapt to suit the party dynamic.
Cheers
Backstabapaladin (a.k.a Col H)

(3) Re: Game Set 21st May 2017 - 25th June 2017

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 01/05/2017 18:32:07

Hi Colin,

Not sure what people are playing yet - though Mark did intimate a Barbarian. Lewis maybe playing a Rogue (but not sure - I could have imagined that). So pretty much anything you like.

Character creation can be on the night.

(4) Re: Game Set 21st May 2017 - 25th June 2017

Posted by : Lewis on 02/05/2017 17:46:33

I was steered to ROGUE, on the grounds that it should be the easiest class to play, and I ain't played 5e before.

I want to play in this for two reasons, (1) it sounds like fun, and (2) I want to see 5e in action before making any decisions on Corwyn Phase 3.

(5) Re: Game Set 21st May 2017 - 25th June 2017

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 02/05/2017 21:28:33

Hi Lewis,

Thats right - you asked which is the easiest to play and I suggested Rogue!!! To be honest, any class is easy to play in 5E and will not pose any problem to an experienced RPG'er.

I will bring some pre-gen 1st level characters for the game for anybody who does not want to create a character on the night, but I suspect we will end up doing character generation in the first session so the party should be able to decide amongst themselves what they would like to play.

(6) Re: Game Set 21st May 2017 - 25th June 2017

Posted by : geekrichieuk on 06/05/2017 14:41:49

Not sure who Bo and Rob are, I'll need to get their contact details. In my game we also have Josh, Beth and Little Mike. We have one more spot left.

(7) Re: Game Set 21st May 2017 - 25th June 2017

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 06/05/2017 16:56:00

geekrichieuk:Not sure who Bo and Rob are, I'll need to get their contact details. In my game we also have Josh, Beth and Little Mike. We have one more spot left.

Amended the the original post to reflect Josh, Beth and Little Mike - err i am not sure who Bo is and I typed it - LOL. Oh well.

The slots are filling up rapidly - not many spaces available in the published games.

(8) Re: Game Set 21st May 2017 - 25th June 2017

Posted by : Lewis on 06/05/2017 20:19:28

Well, I've got the PHB with me, and I think I bought Edwyn the Sword Coast guide as well, so I'll have a look at that when I re-enter your plane of reality.

I'll play a rogue, either human or Halfling. I'm familiar with Faerun up to around 1375 DR (i.e. 3rd ed). What's the current date - I assume a lot later than that?

So, all the Faerunian deities if I'm picking a patron deity? I assume the rules about patron deities in the Realms still apply (i.e. it's a very bad idea NOT to have one)?

(9) Re: Game Set 21st May 2017 - 25th June 2017

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 07/05/2017 00:06:21

Updated the main post with this information:

Current Year is 1491 DR.

There are 6 Halfling racial deities in the Sword Coasts, and about 60+ others to select from.

It is a good idea to have a god but not essential. I do not recall the rules having any negative impact for not having a god - though I don't see how divine spells would be granted to a none believer.

(10) Re: Game Set 21st May 2017 - 25th June 2017

Posted by : gwiston on 07/05/2017 18:11:09

geekrichieuk:Not sure who Bo and Rob are, I'll need to get their contact details. In my game we also have Josh, Beth and Little Mike. We have one more spot left.

I should be around for a few of the sessions....hopefully

(11) Re: Game Set 21st May 2017 - 25th June 2017

Posted by : Lewis on 07/05/2017 18:20:39

Colin - which skill is used to find traps - is it Perception?

Also, you should have a look at the starter set Rogue character's fluff (bond, flaw, etc). It all sounds very plot relevant, so I'll probably use that, even if I build the character's ability scores etc from scratch.

(12) Re: Game Set 21st May 2017 - 25th June 2017

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 07/05/2017 23:00:27

Lewis: Colin - which skill is used to find traps - is it Perception?

Also, you should have a look at the starter set Rogue character's fluff (bond, flaw, etc). It all sounds very plot relevant, so I'll probably use that, even if I build the character's ability scores etc from scratch.

Good overview from reddit:

When the party approaches a trap the first thing you do is check their Passive Perception against a DC that identifies whether they notice the trap or something off about the trap at a glance. This can be quickly done against every party members passive perception (something you can keep on hand as the DM) without having them roll anything and keeps the description of the room going.

If so you provide the clue and let them go from there.

If they don't notice it on Passive and a character steps toward to or on the trigger, you have them roll Active Perception check against noticing the trap before they trigger it.

If they trigger the trap you give them the Save DC and figure out the narrative whether they avoid it or not.

If the party decides to follow a clue (from description or passive perception) and look for traps, you use an Investigation (Int) check for them to follow the clues to identify the traps purpose or trigger.

If they want to glance around the room and look for traps without thoroughly searching, that is a Perception check. It doesn't take as long but is often more difficult to identify a trap at a glance. This is the same DC as the Passive Perception.

Also:
Also all classes can try to Disarm Traps - the skill is based on the Thieves Tools not on the class any more - though Rogues can get double proficiency quite easily. i.e. gain the skill proficiency twice. At 1st level (+2 Proficiency, DEX 17 +3) you could have +2+2+3 = +7

Hope that helps.

(13) Re: Game Set 21st May 2017 - 25th June 2017

Posted by : Lewis on 08/05/2017 10:00:31

Yes, that clears things up. However, it does mean that to be the trap-monkey, I'll need proficiency (or even double proficiency where possible) in three things: Perception, Investigation, and Thieves' Tools. And that means three good ability scores, WIS, INT, and DEX. Which sounds hard, and makes it impossible to have a decent CON score as well. Hmmm.

I think that's strongly pushing me towards Elf rather than Halfling.

I assume it would be okay to totally cannibalise the rogue character from the starter set? What I mean is keep all the nice, plot-related fluff, background, and motivations, but to change the name, race, ability scores, etc? Basically, keep everything that seems to relate to the plot and setting, file off the serial numbers, and rebuild from the chassis up?

(14) Re: Game Set 21st May 2017 - 25th June 2017

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 08/05/2017 11:38:25

A game flow would be:

A room with a Trapdoor.

You walk in the room - as I am reading the description I will check your Passive Perception as you may automatically see something not quite right with the floor. If they do it will lead them to an Active Investigation on the Trapdoor.

Searching the room will be an Active Perception check. You may find the something funny about the floor leading to an Active Investigation on the floor to identify what.

Declaring checking the floor for traps would be an Active Investigation roll on the floor.

This can be attributed to 3.5 in the way that Spot (CHA) being a Perception (CHA) roll and a Search (INT) being an Investigation (INT) roll.

5E Perception.
Your Wisdom (Perception) check lets you spot, hear, or otherwise detect the presence of something. It measures your general awareness of your surroundings and the keenness of your senses. For example, you might try to hear a conversation through a closed door, eavesdrop under an open window, or hear monsters moving stealthily in the forest. Or you might try to spot things that are obscured or easy to miss, whether they are orcs lying in ambush on a road, thugs hiding in the shadows of an alley, or candlelight under a closed secret door.

5E Investigation
When you look around for clues and make deductions based on those clues, you make an Intelligence (Investigation) check. You might deduce the location of a hidden object, discern from the appearance of a wound what kind of weapon dealt it, or determine the weakest point in a tunnel that could cause it to collapse. Poring through ancient scrolls in search of a hidden fragment of knowledge might also call for an Intelligence (Investigation) check.

Summary: So Perception is awareness of your surroundings and Investigation is a search.

I can see these being mixed up an aweful lot.

----------

Another good example from reddit is:

Active skill checks (rolls) only occur when a character does something. Passive is that characters DC.

* Passive perception is noticing a tripwire while walking through a hallway.
* Active perception is pressing your ear to a door to hear whats on the other side.

* Passive investigation is realizing that an aristrocrats shoes being muddy is important.
* Active investigation is searching a chest for a trap.

Active perception and passive investigation should be rare checks.

The difference is perception is about what you notice with your senses and gut, investigation is what you determine from logic and deductive reasoning.

----------

Take the Elf race with "Keen Senses. You have proficiency in the Perception skill.".
This would allow an Elf by just walking past a secret door and maybe sense there is sonething wrong with that area of the wall not looking right (Passive Perception). But then an Active Investigation check to identify whats wrong with that section of the wall and find the secret door.

(15) Re: Game Set 21st May 2017 - 25th June 2017

Posted by : Lewis on 08/05/2017 13:53:41

Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm thinking of High Elf Rogue with the Criminal background, cannibalising the rogue backstory from the starter set. This has the following info:

The town of Phandalin is built on the ruins of an older settlement, vacant for ve centuries until some hardy settlers set about rebuilding it some years back. Drawn by stories of gold and platinum in the nearby foothills, you came to Phandalin as well, not to earn a living, but to prey on those who struck it rich. You joined a gang calling itself the Redbrands and made some decent coin as a burglar, enforcer, or fence.

But you must have made an enemy among your fellow Redbrands. Someone set you up. On that person’s word, the head of the Redbrands—a wizard called Glassta —tried to have you killed. You escaped, barely alive and thanking Tymora, the goddess of good fortune, for your luck. You fled Phandalin, almost penniless and with only the tools of your trade to your name.

Personal Goal: Get Your Revenge. Someone in the Redbrands nearly got you killed, and you sure would like to know who it was. And then you’d like to take your revenge—on that person, on Glassta , maybe on all the Redbrands. And you just got a tip that might help you: someone named Halia Thornton also has it out for the Redbrands. She lives in Phandalin, which means showing your face to the Redbrands who still want you dead.

From the combo of race, class and background, I'd end up with some stuff that I would not make use of;

A) Proficiency in Thieves' Tools twice.
B) an extra crowbar
C) a hooded lantern
D) Candles

The 5e rulebook suggests that if you get the same proficiency twice, you can swop the second time for a different proficiency of the same type. So, can I swop the second proficiency in Thieves Tools for one in Disguise kit? Can I then also sell or trade the extra equipment I can't use, add that to my cash (15GP) and have a Disguise Kit instead, as my character will need to disguise him/her self in order to reach Halia without getting stabbed?

How does that sound?

(16) Re: Game Set 21st May 2017 - 25th June 2017

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 08/05/2017 14:09:12

Hi Lewis,

Yes - you can swop the duplicate occurance of the proficiency for a "suitable" replacement and I think Disguise is a suitable replacement. Simply swop Thieves Tools for Disguise Kit.

The doubling up of the proficiency bonus comes from the Rogues Expertise (gained at 1st level).

(17) Re: Game Set 21st May 2017 - 25th June 2017

Posted by : Lewis on 08/05/2017 15:21:10

Great, I'm about as set as I can be, given that I haven't got access to most things at the moment.

High Elf, Rogue, Criminal (burglar). CN.

Ability scores are 8, 16, 14, 14, 12, 12 with High Elf racial bonus (probably specify Moon Elf for the Realms).

Languages: Common, Elven, Thieves Cant, and one other tbc.

Darkvision 60'.

Cantrip: Mage Hand (duh).

Proficiencies: Thieves Tools (expertise), Disguise Kit, Stealth (expertise), Perception, Deception, Acrobatics, Investigation, Persuasion, and one other tbc.

Now, the PHB suggests that if you get the same Proficiency from any combination of race, class, background, you can instead replace it with a different Proficiency [i:kw7ij54e]including non-class ones[/i:kw7ij54e], if I've read it correctly. I get Perception from both race and class, and Stealth and Deception from both class and background. Now, does that mean I could use one of my Proficiency 'slots' to get 'Arcana' so that I could find and deal with magical traps?

If my PC has Arcana, I'll probably go for Draconic as that last language, as that sort of ties together. Otherwise, I dunno yet. Can't think what makes sense for the character. I assume (as they're not mentioned in the PHB) that 5e does NOT have all the separate human languages that are in The Realms setting in 3e? (Chondathan, Damarran, Illuskan, etc).

(18) Re: Game Set 21st May 2017 - 25th June 2017

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 08/05/2017 16:16:19

With Mage Hand you can manipulate objects but not sufficiently to pick locks/disable traps.

However - all classes have sub classes (Archetype) they must select one from (this is not available in the starter rules).

For Rogues they get to choose from:
- Arcane Trickster
- Assassin
- Thief

Arcane Trickster grants you spell casting from the Arcane School and you get mage hand + 2 others cantrips of your choice. You also get 3 x 1st level spells, 2 must be from illusion/enchantment - they other from any schools. Additional spell/slots are gained at every level.

However at 3rd level you also get:

MACE HAND LEGERDEMAIN
Starting at 3rd levei, when you cast mage hand, you can make the spectral hand invisible. and you can perform the following additionaltasks with it:

- You can stow one objectthe hand is holding in a container worn ar carried by another creature.
- You can retrieve an object in a container worn or carried by another creature.
- You can use thieves' tools to pick locks and disarm traps at range.

If you want to go down this route, I would suggest you should look at Fire Bolt as your Elf Cantrip:

FIRE BOLT
Evocation cantrip
Casting Time: 1 action
Ran*e: 120 feet
Components: V, 5
Duration: Instantaneous
You hurl a mote of fire at a creature or object within range. Make a ranged spell attack against the target. On a hit, the target takes 1d10 fire damage. A flammable object hit by this spell ignites if it isn't being worn or earried.
This spell's damage increases by 1d10 when you reach
5th level (2d10), 11th level (3d10), and 17th level (4d10).

NOTE: You only get Sneak Attack damage once per turn and this must be with a Finesse/Ranged weapon (as well as other criteria). Not with a spell.

Oh and dont forget the Fire Bolt can crit for double damage. You can also keep pumping the cantrip out all day long !!

(19) Re: Game Set 21st May 2017 - 25th June 2017

Posted by : Lewis on 08/05/2017 16:23:04

Not sure if I'd go Arcane Trickster or not. But if I was, maybe Draconic makes even more sense as that final language. What about my question about Arcana as a replacement Proficiency?

(20) Re: Game Set 21st May 2017 - 25th June 2017

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 08/05/2017 16:28:02

For an Elf, Arcana seems reasonable.

(21) Re: Game Set 21st May 2017 - 25th June 2017

Posted by : Lewis on 08/05/2017 17:03:18

Woo hoo. Arcana and Draconic it is then.

I understand what you are saying re Arcane Trickster, so 'Mage Hand' at L1 is pointless if going down that route later (unless it can be replaced with a different cantrip, maybe).

So, what to pick instead? I'm not convinced a damage dealing spell is the best way to go as a rogue cannot use Sneak Attack with spells, AND will have to use their non-optimum ability score for attack rolls, so seems rather pointless.

I thought 'Friends' sounded cool, giving me the advantage with CHA based rolls like Deception or Persuasion. But then I actually read the spell description and realised it is a terrible, terrible spell, that no-one in their right mind would pick. Seriously, it sucks. It sucks big, hairy Orc balls. It actually should be named 'Enemies', it's *that* bad.

'Message' would be useful in certain situations for passing on info unobserved, but is far too situational to be a good choice. Likewise 'Minor Illusion' would be useful, but in very limited circumstances and would probably be too easy to save against to be reliable, even then.

'Prestidigitation' sounds like fun, but would probably end up just being used to annoy the other PCs, rather than anything useful.

Arrgghh. I might end up going with 'Fire Bolt'', after all!

If so.... Will the bonus to the attack roll be my proficiency Attack bonus plus my INT bonus? Or just my INT bonus? And does the ability/INT bonus apply to damage as well? Looking at the High Elf character in the starter set, it looks like the spell attack bonus (5) is Proficiency (2) plus INT modifier (3).

(22) Re: Game Set 21st May 2017 - 25th June 2017

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 08/05/2017 19:41:27

There are about 16 different Wizard cantrips you can choose - might be best to review during character creation and select then.

It would INT (+3) + Proficiency (+2) bonus, so as you say +5 to hit.

There prerequisites to Sneak Attack such as surprise, advantage on the attack or a friend with 5ft. If these are not met a 1d10 damage is nice, scaling to 2d10 at 5th...etc.

But there might still be better options for cantrips from the list.

TiddyCon Web Site

(1) TiddyCon Web Site

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 21/04/2017 22:11:27

TiddyCon website has now been launched.....!!!!

It is available by visiting http://tiddycon.cannockgamesclub.co.uk. I have also added a link on the main page above the other images on the left.

Also created is a specific forum for TiddyCon.

Feedback is welcomed.....

Games Starting 13 November

(1) Games Starting 13 November

Posted by : Jester on 30/10/2016 15:08:25

Hiya everyone,

I know this forum board is not visited very often, but until we find a better way I will throw out the games as normal.

Thank you to all the GM's for the games being played and the new GM putting themselves forward for the next set, we have had a few more games waiting for the set after this including me, so I have 8 weeks to dream up horrible ways to send you all insane with a Cthulhu game that hopefully will keep your brains moving before I send them insane.

I am greatly looking forward to MR T's blacksands game revisited with all of the old characters returning to yet again blow Tiddy's plans right out of the water. Keep us thinking Tiddy!!!

anyway the games going forward are......

Game 1:
D&D - Tiddy

1: ME (Gez)
2: Jez
3: Lewis:
4: Tom
5: Colin B
6: Colin H

Game 2:
Harry Potter - Beth

1: Josh
2: Stephen
3:
4:
5:
6:

Game 3:
Death Watch - Joel

1: John E
2: Mike
3: Elliot W
4: Philippa
5: Dave P
6: Owen P (newby)

Game 4:

Pathfinder - Mick

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:

Games Running From 21 August 2016

(1) Games Running From 21 August 2016

Posted by : wherestheinn on 02/08/2016 08:45:51

Following Sundays discussion, the following games were offered

Game 1 - Vampire (no decision on timeline as yet)

GM - Coxy

1 - Mitch

Game 2 - Pathfinder (this may be a continuation of an ongoing campaign)

DM - Mick

1 - Colin B
2 - Sam
3 - Lewis
4 - Colin H
5 - Ian?
6 - Mark?

Games 3 - Pathfinder (campaign to depend on numbers and experience of players. If I have 6 players who know what they are doing I will run Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (start at Level 6), otherwise I have other options! Please see my other post)

Gm - Tiddy

1 - Rob
2 - Bo
3 - Josh 2

Game 4 - Bulldog

GM - Stephen

1 - Elliott

Game 5 - Only War (Warhammer 40K - Imperial Guard version)

GM - John

1 - Mike
2 - Joel
3 - Gez
4 - Earl (I think - can't read the handwriting?!? could be Ead)
(special appearance by Nix before he sadly moves to pastures new. All the best, the club will never be the same again....)

Game 6 - D&D 5th Ed

GM - Richie

1 - Joe
2 - Mike (Little)
3 - Beth
4 - Josh
5 - Phillapa
6 - Guiseppe

Obviously there are lots of spaces because there were a large number of players missing this Sunday (the joys of the summer holidays...). I'm not sure if we have the numbers for 6 games, so it may be that one of the games withdraws and any players make up the numbers in other games. There are, of course, two more weeks for players to make their choices.

On the plus side, the fact that we have increased to 5 or more games brings a smile to my face...I can remember when the club had 5 members, never mind 5 games!!

See you all on Sunday!

Tiddy

(2) Re: Games Running From 21 August 2016

Posted by : Lewis on 04/08/2016 08:46:48

Right.... so, I assume none of my SG-2 players were there then? (I'm away at the moment).

So, does that mean I'm not running anything and the six of us haven't got a game?

Is Mick's Pathfinder with Colin and Sam one that I was in? I know I was in something with Colin and Sam but can't remember if this was it?

Or shall I just have six weeks off?

(3) Re: Games Running From 21 August 2016

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 04/08/2016 19:19:56

Hi Lewis,

I believe there are plenty of slots in several games if you wish to attend.

The game that both me and Sam are in is a continuation from this set of games weeks "Rise of the Runelords" which currently has Mich, Mark, Ian and the other Colin - but several are on holiday at the moment.

The game that you were in with me and Sam was Tiddy's Pathfinder system.

(4) Re: Games Running From 21 August 2016

Posted by : Jester on 04/08/2016 23:08:54

Lewis,

I echo what Colin said, but during the shout out on Sunday I did say that as your group were all absence that you may like to carry on or have a break, ad we would leave the option up to you when your back.

Gez

(5) Re: Games Running From 21 August 2016

Posted by : wherestheinn on 05/08/2016 08:09:01

As I mentioned on Facebook Lewis - during the chat someone called out that Corwyn wasn't ready and you wanted a break after "X" months of running. Otherwise we would have listed your game and one or more of the others could have been left to another set of weeks.

An no, none of your players were there (we actually thought you were all at Toms to be honest - the communication at the club is as bad as at my office!??!?!)

Hope you don't think we're doing this on purpose Lewis, nothing could be farther from the truth. But I'm personally always conscious of the same members feeling like they always run and when someone calls out you wanted a break...

I'm not running my FF Pathfinder at the mo 'cos I'm still writing up Chapter 3 - Island of the Lizard King (cue everyone rushing to re-read the book!!). However I'm looking at running Expedition to Ravenloft, starting at Level 6, so if you want to dust off a certain "Brother Raven" and send me into another breakdown...

(6) Re: Games Running From 21 August 2016

Posted by : Backstabapaladin on 05/08/2016 20:34:08

I'm in game no.2 (Mick's Pathfinder) so that makes a confirmed 3 players. Ian may be joining us to make 4 and if Mark can make it that's 5.

Col H

(7) Re: Games Running From 21 August 2016

Posted by : Lewis on 15/08/2016 21:32:04

I'm in Mick's Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, so that makes potentially six players in that.

I've generated a Varisian (human) Rogue character.

19th June Shout out Week.

(1) 19th June Shout out Week.

Posted by : Jester on 14/06/2016 20:29:36

Hiya Me again.

This weekend the 19th June is shout out week, and as we managed to secure 4 new members, HIYA!, we will need a full set of 4 games.

I have spoken to Tom, and Lewis and group are going to continue to play Stargate, some weeks at Tom's others with us at the club.

So we need three more games folks.

So rather than me press gang everyone on Sunday for idea's for the games starting on the 3rd July have a quick think and lets see what we can come up with.

I will post the players and games here on Sunday just so everyone is clear, also can the players and Dm's let us know if you can't make it one week so we can arrange a one off for that week or plan for missing players.

thanks

Jester - (Gez Starr.)

(2) Re: 19th June Shout out Week.

Posted by : geekrichieuk on 17/06/2016 16:37:56

Our lot (Joe, Lil' Mike, Richie, Josh & Beth) are likely going to be running either Star Wars or Crystal Sundering again. I'll get the rabble to confirm whats happening and how many spots etc there are ready for Sunday!

New Games Starting 29 May 2016 (not 22)

(1) New Games Starting 29 May 2016 (not 22)

Posted by : Jester on 08/05/2016 13:25:33

Hiya,

Here's your heads up for the new games from the 22/05/16.

Game 1
Stargate: Lewis
1.Tom
2. Debbie
3. Dave
4. Jezza
5. Fran

Game 2
Savage World/Pathfinder Module:Curse of the Crimson Throne : Colin B
Delayed - coming in another game session.
1. Sam
2. Mike O
3 - 6

Game 3
Pathfinder:
1. Mike
2. Beth
3. Joe
4.Josh H
5. Richie

Game 4
Call of Cthulhu: John
1. Nix
2.Mike
3. Elliot
4.Stephen
5.Gez
6. Jack
7. Coxy

Game 5
Cyberpunk: Brodie
1. Brodie
2. Joel
3 - 6

(2) Re: New Games Starting 22 May 2016

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 12/05/2016 19:03:09

Unfortunately I am going to have to delay the Savage World/Pathfinder Module:Curse of the Crimson Throne until another set of game sessions as Sam has DoE and GCSE's.

(3) Re: New Games - should it be 29 May 2016?

Posted by : Lewis on 15/05/2016 14:01:37

Err... I thought that we'd agreed that the new games would start on 29 May, extending the current run by one week as a result of Tiddycon 2?

I've been working to that, and I probably won't have Stargate ready in time for next weekend!

Arrgghhh. Can someone confirm, please???

(4) **NEW GAMES START 29 MAY 2016**

Posted by : Lewis on 22/05/2016 10:55:28

Please note that tonight, Sun 22 May 2016, is the last session of current games (Pathfinder, GoT, etc).

Next weekend, Sun 29 May 2016, will be the start of new games Stargate: SG-2, etc).

The switch over has been delayed a week due to Tiddycon2.

New Games Run - 10th April 2016 - 22nd May 2016

(1) New Games Run - 10th April 2016 - 22nd May 2016

Posted by : Jester on 22/03/2016 19:46:42

Hiya,

There was a little bit of flux in the games for the next period, as I managed to leave the paperwork in the tin, I will update the games and players next week, but it looks like a busy set of games, which is great.

I am going to miss this Sundays game session, and I will be having a shandy with my family and friends down in deepest darkest Milton Keynes (well Corby) So Mike is taking the mantel of Games God!!!

Have fun and see you in a couple of weeks.

(2) Re: New Games Run - 10th April 2016 - 22nd May 2016

Posted by : Jester on 03/04/2016 10:51:54

Mike has been stricken down with school flu, so our game has to be paused for a week. I will bring a one off Cthulhu ( Blood brothers 2) if there are any players looking for s one off, feel free to join me. Otherwise I will bring my book, and chill out. Lol.

(3) Re: New Games Run - 10th April 2016 - 22nd May 2016

Posted by : Jester on 10/04/2016 12:32:27

Well Mr T,

If you have lost more of your players than makes your game viable, and dependent on whom has left the game I am sure we can have a reshuffle.

This is the week, to run around.

(4) Re: New Games Run - 10th April 2016 - 22nd May 2016

Posted by : Jester on 13/04/2016 14:06:18

Like I said there was a little bit of running around on Sunday, but now everyone has a game. Mitch text to tell me he would like to join us again, so I have offered up some games and it appears we are gaining a new player in game of thrones.

7th Feb - shout out week.

(1) 7th Feb - shout out week.

Posted by : Jester on 01/02/2016 21:31:59

Hiya Guys,

This will be an easy shout out, we have two games already set and ready to be run, which means we will need 2 or 3 games to run along side.

Lewis is going to run a star gate campaign which is full, and a game of thrones campaign which is filling quickly.

If any of you have a burning desire to run a game then think it over and let us know on Sunday.

Finally I have been asked to see if anybody would like to go back to BEER AND PRET this year, if there is sufficient people we can try and arrange lifts for those of you that don't drive.

Bits to think about, so get your games ready and see you Sunday.

(2) Re: 7th Feb - shout out week.

Posted by : magnus on 02/02/2016 18:35:02

wherestheinn:Hmm, Pathfinder Fighting Fantasy, Pathfinder Freeport, Pathfinder Curse of the Black Wizard or.....

Pathfinder BLACKSANDS (reboot - hey, if Marvel can reboot Spider-Man / Fantastic 4 every couple of years then I can reboot BLACKSANDS!!!!!!)

Decisions, decisions....

P.S. Previous Blacksands players, especially those who played for most of the previous campaign, are sadly not eligible to participate (unless, in order for them to forget the storylines, I'm allowed to perform brain surgery on them with two blunt pencils and a spoon!!!)

you do realise this is most if not all of the club and the new players are going to continue the dnd 5e game im in

(3) Re: 7th Feb - shout out week.

Posted by : Jester on 14/02/2016 16:20:12

B & P is a bust, but we have a lot more on the calendar for this year....

That saying if any body who wants to go is always welcome, but as our finances are going towards setting up our con, this will be only the second time when CGC are not paying for day one at B & P or providing transport, we are happy to help those that do want to go get together.

"Tiddy-Gone" is looking like its going to make a re-appearance and although its name sake had issues with a few things at the time it was only year one of our learning curve, year two hopefully should be better.

Also Kit and the Wolves Uni have invited us all to the Wolves Con in June / July time, and as its a nice central location I am sure it will get a fair few bums on seats.

Well, time to get myself sorted as it's week 5 and I need to think of new ways to kill a werewolf!

Club returns 10th January 2016

(1) Club returns 10th January 2016

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 20/12/2015 22:36:30

Club returns Sunday 10th January 2016.

First week (Sunday 10th January 2016) will be a returning session for members to play one-off-games. So bring all those nice new shiny Christmas presents you may have received and play them. If it is a one-off RPG session, make sure you bring pre-gens characters to save on time for your players.

During this returning session, we will have a brief discussion regarding what games will be running in the following weeks.

Have a good Christmas y'all and see you in the New Year!

(2) Re: Club returns 10th January 2016

Posted by : Walrus on 25/12/2015 10:39:45

Slightly confused as the discussion suggested 3rd as a start back? I suggested a single session of my Eberron group as they had just about completed the forge adventure.

(3) Re: Club returns 10th January 2016

Posted by : Lewis on 25/12/2015 11:38:04

So... shall we do Eberron on the 10th, then?

(4) Re: Club returns 10th January 2016

Posted by : Walrus on 27/12/2015 12:51:19

Sounds good to me if all players are happy with that

(5) Re: Club returns 10th January 2016

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 29/12/2015 14:52:19

Hi Lewis,

The way I understood all of the discussions was, the first week back was Sunday 10th January and we would have that as a break week for the first week of the new year so that we could work out what was happening after the long break. The reason the 3rd was discounted was that it was too near to the New Year.

Though I could be wrong.... will not be the first time, and certainly will not be the last ....

So, just to clarify - you are planning on finishing off Eberon on the 10th - does that mean you continuing with Corwyn after that - or do you want/need a break from Corwyn and continue it later on in 2016 ?

(6) Re: Club returns 10th January 2016

Posted by : Lewis on 29/12/2015 19:22:46

Restarting Legends of Corwyn on 17 Jan suits me, if everyone else is keen. (?) I'm currently writing and designing what's waiting for you in Rhest, as that's where you've decided to go!

(7) Re: Club returns 10th January 2016

Posted by : Jester on 31/12/2015 09:33:28

I know that some of you wanted to return to the fames this weekend, but I am fully aware that some of us who have to start back proper for work could do with a little bit more wiggle room. So if everyone can wait till the 10th that would be great.... Also it gives me a chance to start re-reading my werewolf book, with the idea to running it in the near future.

Finally as it's neatly the new year, enjoy have a shandy or two and everyone back on the 10th. (spread the word please.)

(8) Re: Club returns 10th January 2016

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 31/12/2015 10:36:59

Lewis: Restarting Legends of Corwyn on 17 Jan suits me, if everyone else is keen. (?)

Now thats a silly question Of course we are keen!

Looking forward to starting again on the 17th January.

(9) Re: Club returns 10th January 2016

Posted by : BiggBoss on 03/01/2016 19:15:42

So what other games are on offer?

(10) Re: Club returns 10th January 2016

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 04/01/2016 12:56:40

Currently:

Sunday 10th January:
- a returning session for members to play one-off-games. A discussion will occur regarding what is running on the 17th onwards.

- Lewis is finishing off Eberon as the grouop ran out of time on the last session.

- GeekRichieUK is starting his 5e Crystal Sundering (see viewtopic.php?f=11&t=531). There maybe spaces available.

Sunday 17th January:

- Lewis is continuing The legends of Corwyn (full)

- GeekRichieUK is continuing his Crystal Sundering

(11) Re: Club returns 10th January 2016

Posted by : geekrichieuk on 04/01/2016 14:39:06

Elliot is also recruiting for his Mutants and Masterminds I believe

(12) Re: Club returns 10th January 2016

Posted by : magnus on 06/01/2016 11:57:39

and my patiences wears thin

(13) Re: Club returns 10th January 2016

Posted by : Backstabapaladin on 06/01/2016 18:18:47

christmas comes.....christmas goes..... and backstabapaladin gets a serious amount of new warhammer frp s**t!

Therefore I have plundered vaults, karak azgal, thousand thrones and terror in talabheim to run, any of which can start on 17th Jan with character creation happening on 10th if anyone is interested? This will be a new campaign with fresh characters, not my long running affair that has uber dwarves, pyromaniac wizards and annoying halflings with slings rolling criticals every five 5 mins.....

(14) Re: Club returns 10th January 2016

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 09/01/2016 17:40:01

As Corwyn is starting next week (17th January), me and Sam will not attend this week.

(15) Eberron - 10th January 2016 - sheets?

Posted by : Lewis on 09/01/2016 19:37:57

Jeremy - do you have our Eberron character sheets, or do I need to start looking for mine?

(16) Re: Club returns 10th January 2016

Posted by : Walrus on 09/01/2016 23:24:58

Good Question, I have them. So I got Mark's Mick's Colin's and Lewis' character sheets and an extra if anyone would like to join us
Jeremy

No Club Sunday 15 November 2015

(1) Re: No Club Sunday 15 November 2015

Posted by : Jester on 10/11/2015 18:13:28

Thanks Tiddy,

Dave has offered a room at the school near by for this week if you want to, great offer thanks.
I think this week maybe as well to have a rest, and carry on the games up until the Xmas break and then start a new game setting in the new year.

(2) Re: No Club Sunday 15 November 2015

Posted by : Lewis on 10/11/2015 18:26:28

Okay, noted. I agree, let's have a rest. I may have to be in Halifax first thing Monday morning - even if not, I'm still getting used to the new commute *yawn*, so I don't mind too much. But deffo get back to Corwyn after that.

(3) Re: No Club Sunday 15 November 2015

Posted by : blackknight on 15/11/2015 10:09:50

I was going to suggest we meet at someone's house but it looks like we are not going to meet up.

Game Set 1st November 2015

(1) Game Set 1st November 2015

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 13/10/2015 13:20:04

There were a number of regular players absent from last Sundays get together, however we did discuss the games for the forth comming set begining 1st November 201. These games are listed below.

Game 1
GM: Lewis
D&D 3.5 - Legends of Corwyn (continued...)

1: Mick
2: Colin B
3: Mark
4: Sam
5: Dave
6: Josh

Game 2
GM ~ John
Cthulhu ~ 1934 (continued...)

1: Adam
2: Nix
3: Gaz
4: Mike
5: Michael
6: Rob
7. Stephen

Game 3
Black Crusade

1. Colin
2. Jeremy
3. Joel
4. Gez
5. Jack

(2) Re: Game Set 1st November 2015

Posted by : Jester on 13/10/2015 14:13:52

Hiya Guys,

Can you book both Jack and Me into the Black Crusade please.

thanks,

Jester.

(3) Re: Game Set 1st November 2015

Posted by : Jester on 21/10/2015 20:02:02

Okay everyone,

This weekend is week 6, so we have most everyone into games for the next set but I am sure there are some of you that have missed the boat and are still without a game to play.

So Sunday the 25 is your chance to get together and find a game, a little bit of shuffling maybe in order, but as you are all intelligent adults you can not only find a slot in a game but if there is enough people without a game find a willing DM.

The days of committee hand holding are gone, I will try to help but its all down to you guys.

cheers.

(4) Re: Game Set 1st Nov 2015 Legendary Vacancy

Posted by : Lewis on 25/10/2015 10:42:23

Hi folks. There is a vacancy in Legends of Corwyn, effective immediately, so covering 25 Oct to 06 Dec 2015 inclusive and then potentially ongoing.

The party is ideally looking for a wizard, silly hat optional.

There is an established 5th level wizard that you can tweak, take over and fit right in (player has dropped out because reasons). This is probably the quickest and easiest option.

Alternatively, you can create a new character - but please note that there are substantial home-brew rules in effect for character generation. As I say, Ideally the party is looking for a replacement wizard, or similar arcane caster.

Starting level will be L5, ruleset is D&D 3.5 with substantial home-brew rules around character generation. There are new religions, races, feats, skills, etc, specific to the setting: The Corwynic League. There are social and roleplaying issues associated with playing chaotic or evil alignments that will make those too much of a challenge for all but the most experienced players. Also some splat books are allowed (e.g. Complete] series), many others are not (e.g. Exalted Deeds, Book of Vile Darkness).

(5) Re: Game Set 1st November 2015</ br>Posted by : magnus on 25/10/2015 11:33:18

ill be up for it nextweek as in im calling dibs

(6) Re: Game Set 1st November 2015</ br>Posted by : Stephen on 25/10/2015 22:32:46

Hi,

Due to the lack of players, I'm cancelling Bulldogs and joining the Cthulhu campaign instead.

(7) Re: Game Set 1st November 2015

Posted by : Stephen on 06/12/2015 11:10:00

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I won't be able to make it to the Cthulhu campaign today.

Time for Change.....

(1) Time for Change.....

Posted by : Jester on 26/09/2015 11:19:03

Hiya,

Don't worry, I am just talking about the forum pictures.

For everyone that logs onto the forum boards you may notice that the pictures down the side are "really" old! So I think its about time to have a new set, some of which some the gamers that actually attend the club.

If we can sort the pictures I am sure we persuade our IT minions to work their magic, and upload the new pictures to the site.

I kn

(2) Re: Time for Change.....

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 26/09/2015 18:47:17

Hi,

I took a few photos a copule of weeks ago but only updated them earlier this week. I do plan to take a few more over the up comming weeks to get a better/modern spread of the images.

(3) Re: Time for Change.....

Posted by : Jester on 13/10/2015 14:19:30

I have had a word with most of you, but I thought I would drop something on here.

The church have up'ed out hourly rate, so unfortunately we are going to have to up our weekly subs......

We have never been much on making a profit, we just want to ensure we have enough money to pay the bills.

So we were looking at increasing the subs to £2 for Adults £1 for the under 18 and GM's still free!

we can review this once the statement come in to ensure that we have got enough income to support our outgoings.

All dull I know but hell that's life.

(4) Re: Time for Change.....

Posted by : Jester on 21/10/2015 19:50:59

Mr T, since your untimely disappearance, we have played lots of games, most of which we have been the hero's! I have faced down 2 demons and sent them back to the seventh hell where they belong. (with a little help from Mitch A Human light Mage, Stephen a Dwarven Shield bearer of dubious Honour, Jezza a Halfling would be polititian)

The people to hero ratio is quite high at the moment, that may change in the next set, but we all attempt to follow the path laid out for us and do it to our best ability.

You welcome to face the ravaging hordes with us again when your ready, but I am sure that Eileen is keeping you busy at the moment, something I would never stand in your way for, your the one that said to me that 6 weeks was long enough to have a break for after a wedding and again for a birth.

What's your excuse Mr T, bring your ass back to the club and fight some foes, chill out and let the world flow by.

Tom has a valid excuse, busy time sorting stuff out, so bring me the note from your mom, and we will slot you back into a game. (no setting stuff up, of committee stuff, just gaming)

Game System Polls

(1) Game System Polls

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 05/09/2015 16:48:55

To assist in GM's creating games for you to play, please help us to identify what type of game/systems you prefer to play.

The polls will be open for the remainder of this year and we will look to create new polls in a year or so as players interest changes along with the release of new games/systems.

The polls can be found in our Surveys Topic.

(2) Re: Game System Polls

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 06/09/2015 17:48:29

Link to the survey forums is:

http://www.cannockgamesclub.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=40

Game Set 20th September 2015

(1) Game Set 20th September 2015

Posted by : Jester on 31/08/2015 12:33:17

Bank holiday Monday, wet, cold and nobody from England is surprised unless your a weather man!

The games for the next set are......

Game 1
GM ~ Colin H
Warhammer FRP - Paths of the Dammed Continued.

1: Gez
2: Jez
3: Josh II
4: Stephen
5:
6:

Game 2
GM ~ Lewis
D&D 3.5 - Legends of Corwyn.

1: Mick
2: Colin B
3: Mark
4: Sam
5: Dave
6: Edwin?

Game 3
GM ~ John
Cthulhu ~ 1934 (players surprise)

1: Adam
2: Nix
3: Gaz
4: Mike
5:
6:

Game 4
GM ~ Elliott
Mutants & Masterminds (The Badies)

1: Joel
2: Josh I
3:
4:
5:
6:

There are a lot of open slots at the moment, but there are a few missing names, so if you can ping the GM of the game you want to join and add it to the list it helps all round.

I will give another shout over the next few weeks, just to ensure you all have a game.

Enjoy your rest follks

Gez

(2) Re: Game Set 20th September 2015

Posted by : Lewis on 04/09/2015 13:28:56

Just to confirm that Edwyn will be re-joining us for Legends of Corwyn].

So, all six places are taken.

I think someone was trying to message me about the game the other day, but the messages have been deleted before I could read them. Please feel free to send me a PM, but also note that the game is full.

Investigators

(1) Investigators

Posted by : Jester on 12/07/2015 13:04:29

Just a heads up, Colin can't make it tonight, so if Stephen is online, can you bring your game stuff and run? I will bring a back up plan just in case.

Christmas Closures

(1) Re: Christmas Closures

Posted by : Jester on 03/12/2014 20:28:56

Okay Tid, shout out for all Sunday, and guys spread the word, we all know not everyone uses the boards, or reads emails. Use you time and your geeky christmas gifts to plan the new years games.

Shoutbox Removal

(1) Shoutbox Removal

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 19/10/2014 21:28:51

Unfortunately we have had to remove the Shoutbox function due to Spam.

We are unsure at this point in time if this facility will return. Please use the forum to post messages.

Return of the Games Club...

(1) Re: Return of the Games Club...

Posted by : Lewis on 31/12/2013 10:26:29

I had planned to run The Chronicles of Corwyn during Jan 2014. However, due to my players' uncanny ability to go straight to the "end of level boss", they are actually likely to finish the current story on Sunday 05 Jan. We could possibly stretch to another session with all the tidying up, levelling up, grants of land and titles from a grateful Prince, royal marriages, funerals for all the dead PCs, etc. But basically, the campaign is likely to end on Sunday.

For the last couple of years, I have been cautiously planting a few seeds throughout Corwyn, which would allow for the possibility of a sequel set some years later. However, I have only vague plans so far, that are yet barely even chalk outlines on my mental drawing board. Or something.

I will be running Stargate: SG-2 in Feb 2014, and probably Shadowforce Archer: Room 39 after that (Mar or more likely April?).

Assuming we finish the main plot of Corwyn on Sunday, do my Corwyn players have any preferences for the rest of January 2014?

(2) Re: Return of the Games Club...

Posted by : roleplaysucks on 31/12/2013 12:10:53

I plan to continue Everquest on the 5th.

Lewis you welcome to join that if you wish, game only really just started and have a few spare characters

(3) Re: Return of the Games Club...

Posted by : Lewis on 31/12/2013 12:34:54

Thanks, dude. If the game finishes as expected on Sunday, I may take you up on that.

Have a great New Year, and stay classy!

(4) Re: Return of the Games Club...

Posted by : Jester on 02/01/2014 20:37:48

Hi,

Looks like all the games will be back and running this week, fingers crossed so will the Traveller game!

???????????????

I look forward to hearing all your Christmas news.

TTFN

MERRY CHRISTMAS

(1) Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS

Posted by : roleplaysucks on 23/12/2013 16:17:20

wherestheinn: Ho Ho Ho...

Seconded

(2) Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS

Posted by : magnus on 23/12/2013 22:59:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYJb5MJ2apo mary christmas

Christmas Closure

(1) Re: Christmas Closure & Corwyn, etc.

Posted by : Lewis on 14/11/2013 13:20:46

Hmmm...

This poses a an interesting issue for my Chronicles of Corwyn and Stargate: SG- games (and subsequent replacement for Corwyn, Shadowforce Archer).

The hall will be closed / in other use and there will be no games on 15 Dec, 22 Dec or 29 Dec. I may not be able to make 24 Nov, as I will be working that weekend. Which might mean we only do Corwyn on 01 Dec and 08 Dec.

I had planned (and by 'planned' I mean 'expected', and by 'expected' I mean 'hoped') to finish Corwyn with two more cycles of campaign weeks (10 episodes). I had planned my first game in the new year to be Stargate: SG-2. I hoped to wrap up Corwyn satisfactorily by the end of Feb and kick off Shadowforce Archer after that.

However, I think we need a plan B.

I'm open to suggestions from players of Corwyn and of Stargate: SG-2. And prospective players of Shadowforce Archer, come to that.

Perhaps we could do two sessions of Chronicles of Corwyn before Christmas and then continue in January with five more sessions plus a break week, potentially. That would get us up to 8 sessions and possibly closure, depending how it goes. That would delay Stargate: SG-2 for a while in the new year, but only six weeks later than expected.

However, I'm open to suggestions.

Current players:

Chronicles of Corwyn, Book V
Colin B
Sam B
Matt B
Ant
Mark
Mick
Edwyn

Stargate: SG-2, Season 3
Tom
Cox
Jeremy
Edwyn
Fran

Potential Players for Shadowforce Archer
Edwyn?
Tom
Lee (Tom's friend)
Fran?
?

(2) Re: Christmas Closure

Posted by : roleplaysucks on 14/11/2013 17:20:47

If we are allowed, I dont mind opening up on the 22nd....just if church is cool with that??

Also, Lewis.....I'm going to want to run something next year, probly the continuation of Godsend and my Everquest has about a year of material, if you going to be running every campaign block, I'm going to have to drop out of someting. Thanks for offer, probly stay with Stargate...if it's all the same to you.

(3) Re: Christmas Closure

Posted by : Lewis on 14/11/2013 22:31:16

Don't really want to run every campaign block, but get the feeling we is short of GM's usually, so my skills are needed more as a GM than as a player. If you wanted to play in both, I'm sure we could sort something out, but both campaigns would run very slowly with me taking months off to (a) play and (b) run the other game.

(4) Re: Christmas Closure

Posted by : roleplaysucks on 15/11/2013 15:41:34

My mistake then, thought you planned to run two games, alternating blocks.

Count me in for both then....wooop!

(5) Re: Christmas Closure & 2013/2014 slots

Posted by : Lewis on 16/11/2013 14:38:38

So, my schedule for the next 12 months is looking something like...

1. Chronicles of Corwyn - Book V (24 Nov to 08 Dec 2013)

2. Chronicles of Corwyn - Book V conclusion (05 Jan to 02 Feb 2014)

3. Stargate: SG-2 - Season 3 (16 Feb to 16 Mar)

4. Playing in someone else's game (if this is when Tom is running then maybe I can play in whatever that is) (30 Mar to 27 Apr)

5. Shadowforce Archer - Room 39 - Serial 1 (11 May to 8 Jun)

6. Stargate: SG-2 - Season 4 (22 Jun to 20 Jul)

7. Playing in someone else's game (03 Aug to 31 Aug)

8.Shadowforce Archer - Room 39 - Serial 2 (14 Sep to 12 Oct)

9. Stargate: SG-2 - Season 5 (26 Oct to 23 Nov)

This assumes that we are sticking to the current practice of a six-week cycle of five campaign weeks and one break week. Are we all still thinking this is a good idea? Personally I don't find break weeks useful for anything except literally a break from GMing. If you look at the schedule above, that's a whole year of gaming, with only perhaps three slots for Tom to run things himself, if he plays in both my campaigns from May onwards. Do other GMs find five weeks is right length for campaign blocks? I know when we used to do three weeks that was too short (imo). Anyone else got any views/comments?

Games from 13 October 2013

(1) Games from 13 October 2013

Posted by : Lewis on 30/09/2013 18:07:39

Hi guys. As I understand it, here are the dates for the next set of games:

Sun 06 October 2013 = A week with a break from campaigns, for one off games, character generation, etc.

Sun 13 October to 10 November 2013 = Five week campaign block. I will be running "Stargate:SG-2" -Season 2 -"Handmaidens".

Sun 17 Nov 2013 = A week with a break from campaigns, for one off games, character generation, etc.

Sun 24 Nov to Sun 8 Dec 2013 = Five week campaign block. I will be running "The Chronicles of Corwyn" - Book V -"Fortress of the Yuan-Ti".

UPDATE: AS THE HALL IS NEEDED BY THE CHURCH ON 15 DEC, THIS WILL NE A THREE WEEK CAMPAIGN BLOCK AND FINISH ON 8 DEC - UPDATE ENDS

Unless of course, we are not gaming on Sun 22 Dec, so close to Xmas. In which case that becomes a four-week campaign block, 24 Nov to 15 Dec inclusive.

So, couple of questions for Tiddy or anyone else to chip in...

1) Are we planning to play on 22 Dec or not?

2) Do the church need their hall for Carol practice, or whatever, at any point in these weeks?

(2) Re: Games from 13 October 2013

Posted by : Lewis on 02/10/2013 11:59:13

Okay, sorry. Obviously a touchy subject. Very sorry for upsetting you, but I thought people would need to know this, in order to decide whether to turn up or not. It may not be a big deal to you, but I do not want to drive 40 minutes from Wellington just to find out that either the club is shut, or that none of my players have turned up. Frankly, after all the GMing I've done over the years, I think I deserved better than this flippant dismissal. If that's how it's going to be, then screw you guys, I'm staying at home.

(3) Re: Games from 13 October 2013

Posted by : Lewis on 02/10/2013 17:51:20

Just to clarify.

When I read the reply to my innocent question, I 'll admit I was very, very upset. I have GM'd as many different games as I can over the years, trying to give people different experiences. I put a lot of work into my games, including posting detailed accounts on these forums.

All while holding down precarious full time employment, which often means being away from my family most of the week, and yet still I come on Sunday to run games. I've even picked up the gauntlet when I only wanted to play in someone else's game and run something with no warning when another GM didn't show up or when there were lots of players with no game. Gods help me, that's how Corwyn started!

As I mentioned, I have a 54-mile round trip to get to the club. I don't mind doing that, but I'd rather not turn up to find the club is shut or that none of my players (who live 2 miles away from the Church Hall) have bothered to turn up because they didn't know if it was open that week and didn't want to make a 4 mile round trip in vain, bless 'em (and, yes, that has sadly happened to me in the past).

To be clear, announcing what I'm running is for the benefit of players - so that people in my games know what I'm running when and everyone else knows my games are full and to sign up with one of the other GM's who still have spaces. It is not for the purpose of "rubbing it in" for anyone who hasn't got enough players.

So, if it's all the same to you, I'd really rather prefer not to be snarked at for asking perfectly reasonable questions, thank you.

Apology accepted. THANK YOU

Now, to be ABUNDANTLY clear:

1) I will not be coming to the club this weekend, 06 October 2013.

2) I will be back at the club on 13 October 2013, to start running Stargate: SG-2, Season 2: "Handmaidens".

3) Please bear in mind that (as some of my players can attest) I can be quite inventively evil.

(4) Re: Games from 13 October 2013

Posted by : Jester on 02/10/2013 19:25:11

Lewis,

Firstly although its not my place I would like to apologise on behalf of the club for the 4 word rant from my friend and collogue, we are all aware that Tiddy has anger issues but normally he takes these out on inanimate object not on valued members of the club. (Tiddy if your reading this feel free to jump in and put your side of the story, I can only go on comments from the forum boards, if there is a whole back story to this rant, feel free to explain, as so far you look childish and silly which undermines you as a person!)

I will contact Maggie Warford ( booking Secretary) to see if there are any Sundays where the Church needs the hall for Xmas type things, and as far as I am concerned I don't think that I will be turning up on the 22nd Dec, now that I have a small squidgy one who will want attention over the Xmas period. [b:6mpcmpn3]So Lewis hopefully this answers both of your questions so far.[/b:6mpcmpn3]

I will be back for the 6th October for the break week, which I can either find a game to slot in for Jack and myself or I can bring some books and plan a game for the coming set as Tiddy's game is not going to be run leaving 3 games with lots of players in each. If on the other hand if there is enough games for people, then I will find some rubbishy telly to watch for 5 weeks. (I have got game of thrones to finish watching. lol)

So summing up..... play nice children!!!!

Discussing New Games

(1) Re: Discussing New Games

Posted by : Lewis on 12/09/2013 15:49:41

I shall not be there this Sunday (15 Sep 2013). However, I'm happy to run Stargate: SG-2 in the next set of campaign weeks.

(2) Re: Discussing New Games (SG-2)

Posted by : Lewis on 13/09/2013 23:41:13

Happy to allow Tom to join from start of next session. See the threads under the Stargate: SG-2 forum for details. The options are:

1) Play one of the captured Jaffa (Raven Guard), who (like Teal'c) turns Shol'va and joins the Tauri to fight the Goa'uld System Lords. In this case, you join play immediately and have vital information for the Tauri (SG-2). I don't know if you have the main Stargate: SG-1 Rulebook, but apart from the usual Jaffa rules in there, Raven Guards have the following modifiers (from Book 3): In service to the Goa'uld known as The Morrigan and often used to scout ahead, +2 Intelligence, +1 Species bonus with Gather Information and Surveillance checks (increases by additional +1 at L4 and every 4 levels) these skills are always class skills for Raven Guards. Bonus Feat = Mark (all prerequisites are wiaved).

"Teal'c, I saw you stand up to a god. You refused to kill. I saw you make that decision... In that moment I learned everything I needed to know to trust you." (Jack O'Neill)

2) Play any other sort of character, human or Jaffa. In which case you'll have to wait until they get back to the SG-C and join them there. This could take a while, but should be by the end of the first session!

"False god. Dead false god." (Teal'c)

Note, the game is now definitely full - if Tom joins that makes SG-2 potentially a five-man squad and I don't want it any bigger than that. Thank you.

(3) Discussing New Games

Posted by : Jester on 24/09/2013 19:27:06

Da committee had words on Sunday....

We have all been coasting from game chunk to game chunk, and as new players arrive or players that have not been able to join us the previous weeks return we have been shoe horning them into games with a little tweeking from the GMs. So maybe if we plan on 5 games to give ourselves some breathing room, or we have a random turn up, then we don't have 10 people (give or take) in one game stressing out the GMs.

We do try to give everyone a heads up on week three, to kick start the plans, but that doesn't seem to work, as nobody commits to a game (well its difficult to know if you want to be in that game in three weeks time) So if you all agree we need to have more games with less people to able to accommodate random turn ups, but that means we need more GMs with games.

We need to use the forum boards better, to help us all.

I know that this coming set, we have four games ready to rock, two of which are full already, one is open to new players only (as its a repeat campaign) leaving one free game.

I only suggest the change so players do not choose the option of [b:1kfx7bgr]"leaving it this set"[/b:1kfx7bgr] as they cannot get into a game they like or can fit into. I am personally in the box of playing in one game, having time off or run a game to make the fifth game (unless somebody else want to take the lead????)

(4) Re: Discussing New Games

Posted by : Lewis on 24/09/2013 20:53:06

I'm happy to alternate five weeks of Stargate: SG- with five weeks of The Chronicles of Corwyn, at least until the end of 2013.

However, both games are full and don't have any room to take on random players. Sorry, but that's simply not how these campaigns will work. I'm not going to do either with a floating ever-changing cast.

If we get to a position where we need me to run something with new faces/random drop-ins, then I'll run Tunnels & Trolls or Classic Traveller (with the scout ship's freezer full of random PCs).

Be Seeing You...

(5) Re: Discussing New Games

Posted by : roleplaysucks on 25/09/2013 16:48:36

Am soo looking forward to this game Lewis, have my anagram generator working overtime!

Next Set of Campaign Weeks

(1) Re: Next Set of Campaign Weeks

Posted by : roleplaysucks on 13/08/2013 16:15:30

Brodie, if you'd like/need to borrow any of the rule books for All Flesh, I have a good selection.

(2) Re: Next Set of Campaign Weeks

Posted by : Lewis on 16/08/2013 08:10:46

My apologies, especially to Jeremy. I had offered to run either more missions of Stargate: SG-2 or to run my D&D 3.5 Chronicles of Corwyn game. We assumed last week that Colin would not be available, so that the former was more likely. However, Colin indicates he and his tribe of halflings will be joining us for Corwyn from 01 Sep.

So, from 01 Sep 2013, I will be running ... THE CHRONICLES OF CORWYN: BOOK V - FORTRESS OF THE YUAN-TI.

Sorry, Jeremy, I know that leaves you without a game

I believe my players are:
Edwyn
Colin
Sam
Matt
Mark
Ant
Mick

Which means the game is more than full!

However, I hope that SG-2 will be travelling through the 'gate again later in the year!

(3) Re: Next Set of Campaign Weeks

Posted by : Jester on 25/05/2014 20:03:29

Well it's week one of the set, the games being run are.... Warhammer fantasy with spaces, pathfinder with spaces, call of Cthulhu. Which is full and D&D which is full.

Games from 21 July 2013

(1) Games from 21 July 2013

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 21/07/2013 10:02:56

Mitch posted on the forums that the following games are running from Sunday 21st July:

- Black Crusade - Jack - Possibly full.

- Judge Dredd - GM name unknown to me - Don't know if full.

- Cyberpunk - Josh(big) - Not sure if full.

If any other games are running, post on the forum and we will update this front page topic.

(2) Re: Games from 21 July 2013

Posted by : Lewis on 21/07/2013 23:34:31

The Judge Dredd game is full - Edwyn and I are in it, as are Jeremy and Coxy.

Edwyn (Judge Pliskin) and I will not be at the club Sunday 04 August 2013.

That is all, citizens.

Judge Judy

(3) Re: Games from 21 July 2013

Posted by : Walrus on 23/07/2013 09:03:46

Judge Dredd GM is Joel

Sun 24 - Club Cancelled - due to weather

(1) Sun 24 - Club Cancelled - due to weather

Posted by : Lewis on 23/03/2013 15:56:28

Tiddy has texted me to say that the club is cancelled on Sunday 24 March, due to Christmas coming early. I mean, the TONS of snow and ice and wind.

(2) Re: Sun 24 - and beyond???

Posted by : Lewis on 25/03/2013 08:18:12

Hey, committee type peoples - is 31 March the last of the current cycle? Or do ye plan to extend it by one week due to losing a week to weather - also - are we even having a club on Easter weekend or do the church-type folks need the hall? Also a week we can't use it was mentioned - some sort of rehearsal - when's that?

Please fill us in!

PS: The Committee. I'm not on it

(3) Easter Sun (31 Mar) - Club is ON!!

Posted by : Lewis on 28/03/2013 16:30:08

So let's change the title, so people don't think it's cancelled.

'cos it aint.

It's ON, baby!!

Next Campaign Weeks

(1) Re: Next Campaign Weeks

Posted by : Karlos on 26/02/2013 15:10:23

We can support another player or two in the Patherfinder game so no-one is forever alone

(2) Re: Next Campaign Weeks

Posted by : roleplaysucks on 27/02/2013 16:36:09

So, five weeks from this coming week, is that right??

Putting the next break week on April 7??

Sunday 17th Feb

(1) Re: Sunday 17th Feb

Posted by : roleplaysucks on 17/02/2013 12:45:11

Break week/continue other games sounds like a plan, i vote we have a quick chat at start of night, just ten mins to sort next week....sound good guys??

(2) Re: Sunday 17th Feb

Posted by : Cox on 22/02/2013 16:27:38

Just leting you guys know ive got a Victorian Age Vampire game i would like to run this block, i may be late to the club this week as im working till 17.00 on sunday. i will be there to do characters though. Its for 4-6 players i can find room for 1 or 2 more if needed. As you can imagine been a horror based game i would not recomend it for children.

I have 1 player allready so f theres interest i need another 3-5

see you all sunday

(3) Re: Sunday 24th Feb

Posted by : Lewis on 23/02/2013 21:09:34

Hi guys. What we doin' on Sunday 24 Feb 2013? Do I need to bring a game? Is it a break week or the start of the next block?

(4) Re: Sunday 17th Feb

Posted by : Anonymous on 24/02/2013 12:31:50

i havnt got a clue, sorry

(5) Re: Sunday 24th Feb

Posted by : Lewis on 24/02/2013 13:43:29

At the moment - it appears that Edwyn and I do not have a game to be in for the next few weeks. Are we the only people in that position? If so, we won't be coming all the way over to Cannock for the next few weeks (we can play boardgames at home).

However - if there are several other people currently without a game, then I can bring something to run for the next few weeks - Ed fancies giving CHILL an outing, for example.

If you want me to run a game - LET ME KNOW BEFORE 5PM TODAY, SUN 24 FEB!!!!

Lewis

(6) Re: Sunday 17th Feb

Posted by : Anonymous on 24/02/2013 15:03:34

me and colin wouldn't object if you suggested corwyn?

(7) Re: Sunday 24th Feb (CHILL)

Posted by : Lewis on 25/02/2013 00:06:01

I'm going to be running a CHILL/The Beast Within[/i:3omgg0bm] campaign for the next few weeks.

This will use my Legends of Kernow setting (Cornwall, 1699, occult history). However, it will be a separate campaign to the previous Legends of Kernow campaign, which finished on a cliffhanger during a climactic battle against pirates and Unseelie faeries beneath the Island of Lundy, as the PCs attempted to thwart a French plot to use their supernatural allies to steal the Stone of Destiny and overthrow the English throne. Or something.

Assuming Jack, Haley and Edwyn join next week, this is already full with six players.

Thanks to Jeremy's & Mick's characters' backgrounds and drawbacks, we already have enough plot to keep us going for several weeks! Honestly, being hunted by a politically-connected shape-shifting black magician who might be a French agent! What, wasn't ghost-hunting scary enough for you?

Sunday 10th February

(1) Sunday 10th February

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 10/02/2013 10:07:22

No Spycraft or Savage Worlds tonight (Sunday 10th February) due to both GM's being ill.

(2) Re: Sunday 10th February

Posted by : Anonymous on 10/02/2013 10:33:02

does that mean no sam? if so, theres little point me going either as Micks game will be down to 1 or possibly 2

(3) Re: Sunday 10th February

Posted by : Walrus on 10/02/2013 11:06:03

Deus Vult still on

(4) Re: Sunday 10th February

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 10/02/2013 16:11:18

Varlician: does that mean no sam? if so, theres little point me going either as Micks game will be down to 1 or possibly 2

Sorry for the delay - just woke up. Sam will not be there either.

No Club Tonight

(1) Re: No Club Tonight

Posted by : roleplaysucks on 21/01/2013 11:54:59

I posted it in shout box Tid

Absent GM's

(1) Re: Absent GM's

Posted by : roleplaysucks on 14/01/2013 17:28:07

Also....

If your GM does not turn up, which I know sucks, please try to sort something out a between yourselves, we have a cupboard full of board games and enough creative juice between the lot of us to sort an easy one-off.

It is not the resposibility of somone else who has signed up for a game you are not in.

We are all at the club to enjoy ourselves, lets try to not to annoy each other off too much huh!

(2) Re: Absent GM's

Posted by : blackknight on 15/01/2013 11:06:19

As it happened this week I could have accommodated 3 or 4 more players, they would have joined just for the one night and need not have gone home.

(3) Re: Absent GM's

Posted by : Lewis on 17/01/2013 13:39:13

What's the plan for this Sunday - with all the forecast bad weather?

(4) Re: Absent GM's

Posted by : Jester on 18/01/2013 15:23:02

Just to let everyone know, the committee is there to make sure the bills are paid, look after tuck and hopefully get new things for the club with any spare CLUB cash we have in the coffers.

We are there to do these things and play games ourselves, not to hold your hands!

If your games falls apart for a random absence for a week, then I am sure one of you is very capable of sorting out a short game with the things we have in the club.

We will point you in the direction of stuff, but if we are gaming ourselves, DO NOT EXPECT US TO DROP EVERYTHING, to sort you out, because we won't, we may get a little pi$$y in the process.

So if you crowd around and hammer us with questions and queries, do not expect it to end well, as my profile says I hold the Axe, Tiddy holds the keys, Colin is the keeper of the Book of Soles (website) and Tom..... Narh you don't want to know, just smile and walk away!

This is a friendly post, meant we all good will, so take it in that vein.

(5) Re: Absent GM's

Posted by : Anonymous on 18/01/2013 15:44:26

We're all there to have fun at the end of the day There's no need to stress or panic. Bring on the snow!

Games starting 13 Jan 2013

(1) Games starting 13 Jan 2013

Posted by : Lewis on 07/01/2013 23:50:49

Starting on 13 Jan are the following games:

"Pathfinder" (brand new introductory low level campaign - I believe there are spaces). GM = Karl.

"Deus Vult" (Assassin's Creed meets Runequest - I think there may be a space, even though it is in the middle of a long-running storyline). GM = Jeremy.

"Savage Worlds" (just starting, don't know much about this, possibly modern-day mystery/horror, there may be a space). GM = Colin B.

"Ironclaw" (anthropomorphic animals, I think this is full). GM = Tom.

"D&D 3.5" (at least 2 spaces) GM = Mick.

As new campaigns are starting a five-week run, it is the ideal time to join

Merry Christmas!!!

(1) Re: Merry Christmas!!!

Posted by : rabindranath72 on 14/12/2012 09:02:00

Merry Christmas (or Hanukkah or whatever) to everyone!

Apologies for the Spam Infestation

(1) Re: Apologies for the Spam Infestation

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 16/11/2012 08:40:39

Hi Tiddy,

If you login to the Admin Control Panel you can use a quick access function to delete the user and all their posts. If you are unsure on how to do this - let me know and I can show you.

With regards the Recent Posts - once the offending post is deleted , as soon as you revisit the site all of the spam will have gone.

(2) Re: Apologies for the Spam Infestation

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 16/11/2012 18:08:12

People can register on the form by answering a simple question - these were very generic.

As the spammers have worked out the response- took them several months - I have just changed the challenge questions.

(3) Re: Apologies for the Spam Infestation

Posted by : Lewis on 16/11/2012 22:55:30

They are still getting on - there's one posting about reselling air tickets now.

Was called Calabiarnedic - I've tried to ban. BIG clue - location was Somalia.

(4) Re: Apologies for the Spam Infestation

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 16/11/2012 23:51:40

OK - I am well pissed off with the SPAM...

I have reconfigured the board for reCaptcha for people trying to register... For those of you who do not know what this is - its those funny words you type in when registering on a web site/forum - try registering a new account and you will see what I mean.

Hopefully that will defeat those bloody SPAM bots.

If not - I will have to activate admin approval for all new forum members which will be a pain for admins to manage

(5) Re: Apologies for the Spam Infestation

Posted by : Lewis on 17/11/2012 09:44:15

Colin, you have to activate admin approval for all new members - the spambots are joining and posting faster than I can delete them this morning. I've just deleted 13 members (all bots, none of them Tiddy) and hundreds of messages. But even as I was doing this, new bots were joining and starting to post. There's no choice - please turn on admin approval ASAP!!!

PS: You should find that the "Recent Posts" bar refreshes with all the deleted spam removed, if you log out of the site and log back in again.

(6) Re: Apologies for the Spam Infestation

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 17/11/2012 10:09:53

Bloody spammers!!!!

I have added Admin Activation on the forums. All new users now need to be approved by an Admin before they can post.

(7) Re: Apologies for the Spam Infestation

Posted by : Lewis on 17/11/2012 10:20:45

Thanks Col, it was the only way to go!

Frickinfrackin spambots grrr!

(8) Re: Apologies for the Spam Infestation

Posted by : Lewis on 24/11/2012 11:31:53

We're getting a lot less of these now - I took the time to BAN all new members who were not based in the UK, by IP address (not just user name), then to delete them. This stops the same spammer trying again with a different user name or email address from the same IP.

Only 3 this morning and I haven't cleared them since last week, so I'm guessing that's only 3 over the whole week. At this point last weekend they were arriving faster than I could get rid of them.

(9) Re: Apologies for the Spam Infestation

Posted by : Lewis on 01/12/2012 10:48:06

Oops, spoke too soon. I've just deleted around 60 more spam accounts this morning.

Games Starting 11th November

(1) Re: Games Starting 11th November

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 24/10/2012 13:02:23

wherestheinn: Also the club will close for Christmas on December 9th as there is a Carol Service on the 16th and the hall will be used for refreshments. It will re-open on January 6th.

Can I propose that Sunday 9th December is the last week of the set of game weeks - the will mean that it will only be a 4 week session - and that on return to the club 6th January will be a Break Week. This should give sufficient time to organise games for the next set of game weeks which would then start on the 13th January.

(2) Re: Games Starting 11th November

Posted by : Jester on 24/10/2012 18:09:55

Hello All,

As I am back to the 9-5 on Monday I will spend the last weekend with little Autumn and then start back at the club on the 11th November.

So if I snaffle the last place in Tiddy's game, and bite the bullet about my "love" of D&D based games and ease myself back in.

Should I have missed the slot, then I may take advantage of Antonio and play a Cthulhu game in Rome. muhahahahaha. (bring me a GM willing to run for a Cthulhu nut like me!)

(3) Re: Games Starting 11th November

Posted by : rabindranath72 on 25/10/2012 08:48:14

Jester:
Should I have missed the slot, then I may take advantage of Antonio and play a Cthulhu game in Rome. muhahahahaha. (bring me a GM willing to run for a Cthulhu nut like me!)

Well it doesn't look like it's going to happen after all, given the lack of interest.

(4) Re: Games Starting 11th November

Posted by : rabindranath72 on 01/11/2012 14:03:01

Colin and/or Tiddy,
since there seems to be no interest in my game, could you please delete it from the list of available games?

Thanks,
Antonio

Next Break Week 4th November 2012

(1) Next Break Week 4th November 2012

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 15/10/2012 18:42:05

At Sundays club meeting it was agreed that the next Break Week is the 4th November.

A quick reminder that Break Weeks were originally designed for three things:

(1) Allow GM's to finish their existing games in a tidy manner.
(2) Allow the players to roll-up new characters for the forthcoming set of game weeks.
(3) To try new games/systems/boardgames.

**UPDATED** Club Games w/c 28th October 2012

(1) **UPDATED** Club Games w/c 28th October 2012

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 03/10/2012 11:18:23

The next set of game weeks is scheduled to start on the 11th November and run for 5 consecutive weeks. The games currently planned and current players in each game are:

- "Corwyn" or "The Empire" (Lewis or Ant) = d20 D&D
Ant
Lewis
Colin B
Sam B
Matt B
Mark
Ed
Mick

- d20 D&D (Tiddy) Original Character races and classes. Stats, skills and feats to start off with - no possessions.
Colin H
Josh 2
Tom (Provisional)
Matt (Provisional)

- "Invictus - Ancient Rome" (Antonio) = Runquest/Cthulhu
Stephen

- Cyberpunk - Brodie (Already 3-4 places gone)
Coxy
Dave
Josh 1
Tony
Jerry

- There are a variety of Wargames planned, please ask if you require specific details.

Please let us know if you are planning to run a game and we will include it in the above list.

The next break week is the 4th November 2012.

**UPDATED** Club Games w/c 16th September 2012

(1) **UPDATED** Club Games w/c 16th September 2012

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 04/09/2012 09:25:08

The next set of game weeks is scheduled to start on the 16th September and run for 5 consecutive weeks. The games currently planned are (subject to change):

- Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (ColinH)
- The Empire (Ant AKA Varlicain) - d20 D&D (ColinB, MattB, SamB, Ed, Lewis, Mick, Mark? )
- Conan d20 (Antonio)

- There are a variety of Wargames planned, please ask if you require specific details.

Please let us know if you are planning to run a game and we will include it in the above list.

The next break week is the 21st October 2012.

(2) Re: Club Games w/c 16th September 2012

Posted by : Anonymous on 04/09/2012 09:42:20

Can i just add, i'll have 1 space in my game for an experienced rp'er so that there is an extra person to bounce idea's off for the players.
Because of the importance of this extra player (Being there to bounce idea's and be experienced at rp'ing) i may say no to certain individuals - this is in no way a reflection on a person's ability to rp, just i have a certain gap to fill and i know some players will fill it better than others.
Also please know, that this is not something i would usually stipulate or even consider saying.

*ducks to avoid all of the random missilesabout to come my way*

(3) Re: Club Games w/c 16th September 2012

Posted by : blackknight on 04/09/2012 12:09:47

cast shield cast shield it block's em.

(4) Re: Club Games w/c 16th September 2012

Posted by : rabindranath72 on 04/09/2012 13:29:29

I surely don't want to cancel the Dragonlance game, so if it's a possibility to delay it (and there is still interest) I am OK with that. Provided there is a way to track games' availability two months in advance, consider me "ready" for October's turn (14th October should be break week)

(5) Re: Club Games w/c 16th September 2012

Posted by : rabindranath72 on 04/09/2012 13:35:14

Varlician: Can i just add, i'll have 1 space in my game for an experienced rp'er so that there is an extra person to bounce idea's off for the players.
Because of the importance of this extra player (Being there to bounce idea's and be experienced at rp'ing) i may say no to certain individuals - this is in no way a reflection on a person's ability to rp, just i have a certain gap to fill and i know some players will fill it better than others.

Also please know, that this is not something i would usually stipulate or even consider saying.

*ducks to avoid all of the random missilesabout to come my way*

Hi Anthony,
I might be interested in this; what are you looking for in terms of character types? (race/class, role etc.) BTW I play since 1987 (I am old, I know...)

(6) Re: Club Games w/c 16th September 2012

Posted by : Anonymous on 04/09/2012 16:04:19

Character types and classes are completely open - head on over to Ant's Games to read up on the game.

It's going to be a gritty and dark campaign (Not too dark), but with 3 kids in the group, an extra player for the adults to bounce idea's around would be great.

that said, the kid's are more than capable enough rp'ers, just they're likely to attack first and think after (Which will likely get the party killed)

I have had a few people express interest in this last slot though, so it will all be down to the night and also dependant on a good character background. (Also on if people are going to be available for the entire block - not including unforseen events stopping people coming).

(7) Re: Club Games w/c 16th September 2012

Posted by : rabindranath72 on 04/09/2012 16:46:50

I would play a human, ranger-type. Not sure of the Ranger class, though; I would like to play something more akin to the AD&D 1e ranger, i.e. not a tree-hugger, animal-friend; but a character who is wise in the ways of the wilderness to better protect civilisation. As Aragorn said: << "Strider" am I to one fat man who lives within a day's march of foes that would freeze his heart, or lay his little town in ruin, if her were not guarded ceaselessly.>>

I am not interested in spells, animal companions or two-weapon fighting. Probably a fighter with appropriate selection of skills and feats would work. Considering the characters start as children, would this concept work?

(8) Re: Club Games w/c 16th September 2012

Posted by : Anonymous on 04/09/2012 16:52:24

i'll post a reply over in the character creation thread of my game so that i'm not taking up the front page

Break Week - 9th September (UPDATED)

(1) Break Week - 9th September (UPDATED)

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 20/08/2012 11:30:52

The 9th September 2012 is a break week. The next set of game weeks is scheduled to start on the 16th September and run for 5 consecutive weeks finishing on Sunday 14th October. This will then be followed by another break week on the 21st October. As a reminder, the break weeks were originally designed for three things:

(2) Allow the players to roll-up new characters for the forthcoming set of game weeks.

**UPDATE**: Ed is running a one off game session this comming break week as a GM trial with the view of running it again in another break week if successful.

Currently, the following games have been expressed an interest in being run by their GM's during the next set of game weeks:

- DragonLance (Antonio)

If you are interested in running a game, please post your interest on the forums.

Please note that the games on the above list could change, so keep an eye on the forums.

(2) Re: Break Week - 9th September

Posted by : Anonymous on 31/08/2012 09:49:12

Could you add my game to the list please Colin.

Also, during the break week - i'd like to polish characters with people (Or make them up if you havn't) and then run through 1 on 1 introductions with people (possibly 30 minutes a person) so if someone wants to bring munchkin card game or something similar or whatever

Of course, this is all dependent on if we finish Corwin this week.

(3) Re: Break Week - 9th September

Posted by : Lewis on 31/08/2012 22:17:05

We'll just stop (pause?) Chronicles of Corwin wherever we get to. Barring a really weird miracle, you won't find Fadheela this week.

Club Games w/c 5th August 2012 (UPDATED)

(1) Club Games w/c 5th August 2012 (UPDATED)

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 16/07/2012 14:10:36

The next set of game weeks is scheduled to start on the 5th August and run for 5 consecutive weeks finishing on Sunday 2nd September. The games currently planned are (subject to change):

- Corwin (d20 D&D) run by Lewis (Mike, Lee, Edwin, ColinB, Sam, Ant)
- Pathfinder run by Dave (Tony, Josh, Joe, maybe Tiddy)
- Black Crusade run by Mark (Jack, Hayley, Gez, Mitch, Jez, Big Josh)
- The Black Wizard (d20 D&D) run by Tiddy (spare game if there are players without a game)

The 9th September is the next Break Week and the next set of game weeks is scheduled to start on the 16th September. GM's who have expressed an interest to run games are as follows:

- DragonLance (Antonio)

Please note that the games on the above list could change.

Break Week - 29th July

(1) Break Week - 29th July

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 16/07/2012 14:04:07

The 29th July 2012 is a break week. The next set of game weeks is scheduled to start on the 5th August and run for 5 consecutive weeks finishing on Sunday 2nd September, followed by another break week on the 9th September.

(2) Re: Break Week - 29th July

Posted by : blackknight on 17/07/2012 14:48:41

Glad that has been cleared up.

(3) Re: Break Week - 29th July

Posted by : blackknight on 29/07/2012 12:30:25

Are the next set of games running tonight or are we still running the old set?

(4) Re: Break Week - 29th July

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 29/07/2012 15:10:33

Depends on the GM - old and new.

The break weeks were originally designed for three things:

Club Games w/c 17th June 2012

(1) Club Games w/c 17th June 2012

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 30/06/2012 19:18:06

Club Games - Sunday 17th June 2012 to 22nd July 2012. The following RPG games are running:

- AD&D 1st Edition - Dragon Lance
- Dungeons and Dragons - Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil
- Cthulhu

There are also a variety of war games played, which includes Games Workshop's Warhammer 40k.

Welcome to the New Forums...

(1) Welcome to the New Forums..

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 30/06/2012 18:28:00

Welcome to the New Forums for the Cannock Games Club web site.

The new forums have been introduced, due to technical reasons , we have been unable to access/retrieve the previous forum data. We are currently gathering information and will continue to develop this site over the forth coming weeks - so your input will be appreciated !

The Committee.

(2) Re: Welcome to the New Forums...

Posted by : blackknight on 03/07/2012 21:15:55

I like it Colin, you should be proud of yourself.

(3) Re: Welcome to the New Forums...

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 03/07/2012 22:39:16

Thanks - its still work in progress though.

Suggestions for improvements are welcome.

(4) Re: Welcome to the New Forums...

Posted by : blackknight on 05/07/2012 11:11:54

Are we getting a dice roller?

and possibly the SRD link or page

(5) Re: Welcome to the New Forums...

Posted by : ColinBuckler on 05/07/2012 12:05:45

The dice roller is work in progress.... Basically there is a mod for these forums, but I have to hard code the installation ofthe mod which will take some time - hopefully next week (fingers crossed).

Links - including the SRD. Yup, can do that. I'll create an additional web page or some thing and then provide a link from the main page. Let me think about which method is best...